Welcome to this new Kind Conversation with Jaime Thurston - founder of 52 Lives, the School of Kindness and author of 'KINDNESS the little thing that matters most'. I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this conversation. I have been such a huge fan of Jaime's and I couldn't have been more excited to have the opportunity to sit down and chat about the amazing work she does.
We talk about...
- Jaime's life before 52 Lives
- the reality of being a stay at home mum and our joint dislike of parks and imaginary play (sorry, but it's true!)
- how an advert for a rug lead to the birth of 52 Lives
- the amazing supporters of 52 Lives - and how they are SO loyal and engaged
- the School of Kindness, and how Greig (Director of Kindness) runs the most amazing workshops, and this year sees the launch of their new website along with new kind resources for schools from live Q&A's to kindness grants
- the importance of teaching kindness and empathy in schools - sowing the seeds of kindness
- being kind to unkind people, and how Jaime's own experience with a 'difficult' shop assistant that resulted in such compassion and kindness
- how Jaime tries to be kind to herself
- how it really felt when 52 Lives was featured on Surprise Suprise and their following grew by the thousands overnight
- the power of sharing individual stories - stories that people can relate to no matter of their background
And, there is so much more! I will forever be a supporter of 52 Lives and the amazing work that they do and I truly hope, if you're not already, that you will be too after this conversation. To follow 52 Lives, you will find them here...
Thank you so much for listening! Rebecca x