Welcome to this new Kind Conversation with Christina Menkemeller from the nonprofit 'Being Positioned', a charity that sends adults with critical, life-altering rare genetic disorders on an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime within the US. In 2016, Christina was finishing her Master's Degree in Social Work and getting married, completely unaware of what was to come. Later that year Christina was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder (NF2) changing the course of her life in every way! Christina shares her amazing story of how this diagnosis has brought about the birth of the nonprofit 'Being Positioned' and how Christina and her husband, Cardin, have chosen to live with gratitude for everything they get to experience and create together. Trust me... it's just amazing!
We talk about...
- how life can change course unexpectedly but how that can actually be quite liberating.
- Christina and Cardin's unlikely adventure... quitting their jobs and escaping the every day to be a normal newlywed couple.
- learning to look for adventure and fun in everything!
- letting go of your pride and just going for it!
- finding the gifts in the face of challenges.
- when you're feeling stuck and everything's going wrong, you're 'being positioned' for something greater/better.
- the isolation of rare genetic disorders and how social media has been such an amazing tool in helping people to connect with one another from all around the world.
- the road ahead with 'Being Positioned' and how they would like to give others the opportunity they had to escape the norm and live life to the fullest in spite of their condition.
I ended this conversation with nothing but admiration for Christina, and Cardin, - they truly are remarkable individuals and the world is a better place for their positive attitudes and their mission to help others. To find out more about 'Being Positioned' and to follow their adventures, come and take a look here...
Thank you so much for listening! Rebecca x